In the show notes of this week's episode of Productive Pastor, Chad Brooks provides a project management worksheet that is that rare combination of brutally simple and incredibly helpful. Answering these questions will help you keep your eye on the ball as you start a project.
Realizing that this would be a big help going forward, I built a TextExpander snippet (see below) so that I could get this preparatory work into Evernote really quickly.
If you are unfamiliar with TextExpander, here's a video of how this snippet works.
Project Title: %filltext:name=Project Title%
1. What is the goal of this project?
2. How will this project be measured?
3. What is at stake?
- If the project is successful?
- If the project isn't successful?
4. What is the timeline for this project?
5. What are the milestones during the project?